Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Ottobre slim fit pants front





This was this week's sewing, but unfortunately they came out quite a bit too large. This is from the 4/2007 issue of Ottobre, #27, "slim-fit" pants. They were not quite slim enough for Zach though. As they are large all over rather than just in one area, I think I just need to do one size or two sizes smaller and lengthen them to fit his height. I already went down one size all over and lengthened (a 110 cm tracing lengthened to 116), but I need to try the 104. I obviously did a poor job of measuring my ADHD child who dislikes being measured because he is smaller than his measurements taken! Ah well, I got the experience and practice in doing zip fly complete with a fly shield, separate waistband, belt loops, etc. --- things I definitely do not sew every day. So, I'm happy with the process if not with the result. I'm going to trace and sew a smaller pair - but maybe not just quite this week. I think I do some easy T-shirts or something first before refocusing on this. :)

By the way, the material here is a tan baby/fine wale cord from somewhere, JoAnn's actually if I recall correctly. It was decent to work with, and I like the effect of the cord in this style, a "dressy casual" if that makes sense, not really dressy but not his typical jeans or elastic waist pants either. Definitely a keeper of a pattern once I get his sizing right. These I'm going to tuck away in his box for next year, when he will hopefully have grown into them.

2 comments:

Novice said...

Great sew job. Really like the pattern, hard to believe it's a slim fit. (Cute belly button too) :)

Awesome Mom said...

You are a very talented seamstress! I hate sewing clothing, I usually end up swearing at the machine when it is usually me that messes up. lol