Friday, March 13, 2009

Zach's new pants

IMG_3623, originally uploaded by WeeBeaks.

Today I finally finished up Zach's new pants, Ottobre 4/2008 #24, "Kalle Outdoor pants" done in a nice soft brushed twill. These are elastic waist, just like he likes, but with lots of fun details and pockets. Those same "fun" details and pockets, plus loads of topstitching, are why these pants have taken me the greater part of this week to sew. He is happy though, so it was worth it. :)

Poor Lily with a boo-boo

Poor Lily with a boo-boo, originally uploaded by WeeBeaks.

Lily was cruising around the office on Tuesday, tripped and fell. Unfortunately, there was a hard metal object between her head and the floor and she hit it. She had a deep gash in her eyebrow. After calling her pediatrician, it was determined she likely needed stitches. I called Rich, and he took her to Children's Hospital ER while I stayed with Zach and Noah at home. My poor baby did need stitches. They sewed her up and put the strips on there. Thank goodness, they are disolvable and the paper strips will fall off on their own. I can't imagine her having to go to the doc to have them snipped out in a few weeks from now. She, remarkably, has left the whole area alone the last couple days and hasn't been pulling at the strips or her stitches. Hopefully she will heal up quickly. Poor little thing.

Monday, March 09, 2009

Ottobre 2/2009 camisole

New camisole, originally uploaded by WeeBeaks.

Next up from the scrap bin is a top made from the newest Ottobre Woman issue, 2/2009. This is from pattern #1, the camisole top. I added a shelf bra to the design but otherwise no changes. It was so easy to sew, and I'm happy with the fit. Both the outer paisley crinkle cotton knit and the brown cotton lycra for the shelf bra were from my little knit scrap bin, so that was fun! :)

Sunday, March 08, 2009

New summer dress

New summer dress, originally uploaded by WeeBeaks.

Yes indeed, it is from the scrap bin fabric. Lily has herself a new summer dress. It was a super simple pattern, a freebie pattern from the SewingMamas website/forum, called the Jayme dress. It fits her nicely and is perfect for summertime. I can't believe how little fabric she still takes, even for a dress. :)

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Knit scrap bin

Knit scrap bin, originally uploaded by WeeBeaks.

What is this you ask? Laundry? A huge mess? It is my knit scrap bin. Anything knit fabric with odd size cuts out of it, less than 1 yard, etc., goes into the knit scrap bin. It has, ahem, gotten a bit out of hand. So March I'm going to be working on sewing up my scrap bin, starting with the knits. If I gain some ground on the knits, I'll be moving along to the woven bin, which is even larger than this one! Wish me luck. :)

Sunday, March 01, 2009

Ottobre 3/05 sleeper

Otto 3/05 sleeper, originally uploaded by WeeBeaks.

I'm sewing again. Lily grew inches in the last month or so and her sleepers are too short, especially those with feet in them. So, I'm sewing away. If nothing else, I'm going to get really good at zippers. Here she is modeling her new one tonight. The pattern is from Ottobre Magazine, the Autumn 2005 issue (3/2005). This came out really nice, I think. It has the crotch gusset like the Kwik Sew one I was using. That gives great fit for cloth diapers. I added the little snap tab at the top to the pattern because she is starting to unzip herself. I plan to make more of this style.