Monday, December 17, 2007

Points site recommendation

As I was redeeming "points" for a gift card today I thought I would tell you all about it. I belong to a site called mypoints.com. It is free to join and by doing various things on the site you earn "points" which you can redeem for gift cards to various places. I have so far this year redeemed 4 or 5 gift cards ($50 worth), so it is legit and the cards do actually come in the mail reliably. :-) Some of the things you do to earn points are as simple as clicking on a link in emails. You do NOT have to sign up at the click-through site for this, that or the other. I hate those on other sites where you have to sign up for whatever it is. With Mypoints you get the points (usually 5 points) for just clicking through to visit the site presented in the email. I would still recommend you use a spam email account of course, but honestly I haven't seen much of an increase in spam just from joining mypoints or doing the click throughs. You also earn various amounts of points per dollar spent at online retailers when you go through the Mypoints site links. In that instance it works like Ebates, Upromise or a dozen or more other sites that do the same thing. In any case, you have minimal extra time (about 10 minutes per day is about what I spend), check it out - http://www.mypoints.com/. They do indeed have a referral program, so if you are so inclined I would love to "refer" you and get points for doing so. You need to send me your email address and I'll send you a referral. You can contact me at tanya.fletcher [at] gmail.com, which is my spam account basically. Even if you don't want to do that, I encourage you to sign up anyway and start earning free gift cards. :-)

No comments: