Thursday, December 20, 2007

Lily Christmas outfit

Lily Christmas outfit, originally uploaded by michaeldog_1999.

I finished sewing Lillian's Christmas dress today! It is from Ottobre magazine, 4/2003 issue, pattern #2 for the top and pattern #5 for the dress, size 62 cm, though I lengthened the dress part 3 inches to make it wearable without pants underneath. If you have the magazine and look closely at the model, you will see that the pinafore dress is really quite short and is modeled with pants underneath. I made a previous dress in this pattern prior to her birth and discovered recently that it does indeed need the pants underneath at it barely covers her diaper. Whoops!

Link to the magazine showing the pattern:

Overall I'm pleased with the results. The shirt was a challenge for me as it was the first time I have done a placket, and that placket was tiny and on lycra knit. Overall though it was okay and the dress hides most of it anyway! Now I just need a go out and get her a nice pair of cotton tights in white and we're all set. :-)

No comments: