So, last week went quite well with Lily, and she enjoyed the first week of Berenstain Bears, where we looked at winter months and holidays, plus winter weather. We are moving on to the next week! Here are my lesson plans in detail for Section I, Week 2, for my Kindergartner:
- Read "spring" section, pages 22-39, in Berenstain Bears Big Book of Science and Nature
- Craft: Spring flower coloring using our Do-a-Dot set
- Craft: Spring garden friends coloring sheet from crayola.com using our new fine line marker set
- Cut/paste picture from Kumon workbook, spring theme
- Read April-June pages in The Year at Maple Hill Farm
- Trace and copy month names for April, May and June carried over from the worksheet linked in week 1 plans.
- Read Inch by Inch by Leo Lionni
- Begin drawing lessons for her using colored pencils and/or crayons with Draw Write Now 1 book (farm animals), using her new My First Draw & Write Journal from Lakeshore Learning (love those!)
- Choose a couple kite coloring pages/crafts from this page with LOTS of kites theme printables and activities.
- Kites dot to dot for "math" from Teacher Filebox (Evan Moor subscription service - highly recommend if you are homeschooling little people in the K-6 grade range, especially if you have more than one child)
- Talk about holidays of April Fool's Day and Easter
- Various printables about holidays from Enchanted Learning
- Read A Peek Into My Church
- Evan Moor Teacher Filebox on chickens
- Sequencing activity on eggs hatching from Evan Moor Teacher Filebox