Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Review: Elmer's Crafter's supplies


IMG_2623, originally uploaded by WeeBeaks.

My disclaimer here is we got the items pictured for FREE to try through the Bzz Agent program. I get no compensation for my opinion (hey, not even 2 cents LOL) but we did not have to purchase the items. So here is our (kids included) opinion of the items.

First off, the glue stick is a typical glue stick honestly. I wouldn't say it is particularly better or worse than any other glue, excepting the ones that got too old in the craft box and were no longer sticky. The kids and I all tried the stick, and we all liked it. It stuck well, smoothed on nicely and was a good size.

The glue pen was even better. It had a nice fine point applicator and a wider applicator for larger items. The glue itself is clear. All of us particularly liked this one, and I will be purchasing a few more of these for use around the house. It is perfect for small craft projects as well as regular paper use, schoolwork and scrapbooking.

Now, on to the scissors. These we have to say we hated. The plastic they are made from is really really thin and flimsy, so flimsy that the tips of the cutting area bend and then don't cut. They stick together even when just holding them and opening and closing. We have other scissors that do special cuts for nice borders, and those don' t have this particular issue. We will not be keeping these as they were frustrating to use and certainly not strong enough for thicker nicer papers (heck, they didn't even do well with the thin sheets of paper). And the littlest fingers in our house found these extremely frustrating to use.

The other thing with a pink button in the middle is a corner rounder. This performed pretty much as expected though was a little sticky. I find that to be true of most of these types of products though so it is certainly average and worked okay.

The glue dots and glue on a roll I love. These are my favorites for scrapbooking, quick, easy, nonmessy, good hold. I tucked these away for my own personal use. The kids then asked me where they went. LOL They loved them too, and I don't usually buy them the nicer supplies as they are extremely HUGE consumers of glue products.

So my overall opinion is that we loved all the glue products. I would most certainly buy those for scrapbooking and crafting. The X-acto cutting supplies I just don't know. The corner thing worked okay but the scissors honestly felt pretty cheaply made IMHO.

No comments: