Wednesday, February 23, 2005

February 23

Well, nearly a year since I created my blogger account and no entries. Coincidentally, I got a FT job right after I created my account. I left said FT job nearly a month ago and have recovered sufficiently now to begin having a life again. :-)

Today I am 15 weeks pregnant. I have an appointment tomorrow with the midwife. At the 11 week appointment we could not hear a heartbeat, but I'm not worried as I have been getting bigger and the nausea continues (unfortunately for me but a good sign of a healthy baby). I'm anxious to hear our little one on Doppler tomorrow.

Being home with Zach again is both a pleasure and a torture, depending on the day. He is doing extremely well but is still very hyper, very high needs, very spirited. On days when I am tired and nauseated, it is quite hard. He does get on my last nerve and it is hard to be a loving mommy. It is worse this week as it has rained continually. That means no playground or back yard to let off some toddler energy so I am just worn out and he is sick and tired of being inside. I pray the rain ceases soon for our sanity.

We are currently in the season of lent, and this lent I'm continuing to try to eat out less, both for budget as well as going back towards simpler living. I'm also reading the Purposeful Life (I think is the title, don't want to go upstairs to get it). There are 40 days of readings. I have had the book for a couple years but it called to me to start reading it on Ash Wednesday so I decided it was God whispering to me that it was how I should spent my 40 days.

Financially, going PT is going to be tough again, and I have renewed efforts on budgeting, coupons and general frugality. I read a lot of boards to get tips on that and am doing better. Our biggest luxury continues to be eating out but I have much more time to cook given less hours at work. The fringe benefit of course is healthier food and probably a lot less fat, cholesterol and calories. No bad for an of us.

4/7/05: Edited to change the title - Feburary 23, not August ... guess my mind was on August. :-)

No comments: