Thursday, February 24, 2005

15 week visit - February 24

Today was "our" 15-week visit with the midwife. Measuring right according to dates (due 8/17/05) and we finally got to hear the heartbeat, which is a huge relief. She even had trouble locating it this time too, thinking perhaps the placenta is in the front blocking the sound but we finally did get to hear it. I alos had blood drawn (in 2 tries, both arms bandaged!). Next visit is in 2 weeks but only for blood for AFP, next real visit not for 4 weeks, when we will be 19 weeks. So far, weight gain is 0 as I am today back at baseline after my loss with the flu last month. I can't believe the baby will be here in less than 6 months. I'm excited but also not in any hurry and enjoying my time with just one right now, and sleeping through the night.

Zach and I went to the mall after the appointment and had lunch at McDonald's. The sun was finally out after weeks of rain and we sat in the sun to eat at a patio table. It was so nice, and he was quite well behaved for the trip. Right now he is up for his nap and I'm counting today as quite a good day so far except that I haven't gotten much work work done due to some problems connecting and will need to make up time tonight. That is okay though. I had a great day yesterday so hopefully will have a good evening work wise.

No comments: